Step two: Windows XP
1. Single-click Start, then choose Connect To and then single-click River Valley Telecommunications Coop.
2. Now single click on the word Properties.
3. Make sure Use dialing rules is unchecked, then click on the Options tab.
4. Make sure the only option that is unchecked is Include Windows logon domain and then change the Idle time before hanging up from 20 minutes to never. After that please select the Networking tab.
5. On the Networking tab, make sure that there is a check in Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) by clicking on the word Protocol once and then click the Properties button.
6. Place a dot in Use the following DNS server addresses. For the Preferred DNS server type in 18.104.22.168 and for the Alternate DNS server type in 22.214.171.124. Then click on the Advanced button...
7. On the General tab make sure that both options are checked then select the WINS tab.
8. Uncheck the option for Enable LMHOSTS lookup and place a dot in the option for Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP then click OK and OK again.
9. Select the Advanced tab.
10. Make sure that Protect my computer and Allow other network users are both unchecked.
11. Then click OK and you're done!!!!
All text and original graphics copyright ©1993-2017 River Valley Telecommunications Coop
All Rights Reserved.